This weekend I spend most of my time working on the primary coil for the Tesla coil. I was very surprised that I actually managed to get this done. It is made from copper piping and a hacked up cutting board. I found it surprisingly fun figuring out the best way of assembling this. Though I have to admit, I made a really stupid mistake when buying the copper, turns out the circumference of a circle is 2*Pi*r, not Pi*r. An embarrassing mistake that ended up giving me exactly half the copper piping I needed for the coil. As the old adage goes calculate twice, cut once.
This will be used in a series of videos that will be posted to YouTube, assuming everything works. Which is a big assumption. Fingers crossed that this makes one kick ass piece of demo equipment and not a death trap.